Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week With Mary

Mary is one of my closest friends and she came down to spend the week with me before we all go on our cruise. We've been on the go, running the roads like maniacs, since she got here and we're getting very tired. We both had a nap this afternoon, the first one possible to us during the whole week.

Tomorrow we go on a cruise with a whole busload of our park people. We'll go out of Tampa and visit Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize, and Roatan. I've never heard of Costa Maya or Roatan before but I'll be quite happy to tour around them and see what they're like. Honestly, I'd be happy to even spend the whole 8 days on the ship because it's so much fun there.

Dennis refused to go on a cruise because he said he'd be bored but there just is no way that can happen. The cruise line makes sure that there are fun things going on all day and evening and the meals are always outstanding. Our little group has decided we'll eat breakfast in the dining room every morning instead of going to the buffet. For me, that will mean eating less because I'll only order what I really want instead of taking everything I see on the buffet table.

Mary's husband, Don, comes to pick her up on the Monday after we return and I'm going to miss her. Mary is a sort of relative who has always been a good friend but now is more like a sister to me. She's a great companion and so darned easy to spend time with...we laugh a lot, talk a lot, and respect each other's differences. She's a good friend and I love her dearly.

It's been a busy week but also one of the most fun weeks I'll spend down here. I'm expecting the cruise to be the topper, though, and can't wait to board that ship and start the adventure.

Life is good.

No comments: