Saturday, March 24, 2012

Almost Better

I feel surprisingly well, if a little weak from lack of food, considering how sick I was on Thursday, especially. The human body is an amazing thing, isn't it? It's made to combat germs that harm it and the healthier we are the easier it is to fight them off. I happen to have a compromised immune system because of some misshaped white cells and yet I seem to stay fairly healthy.

I was terribly sick on Thursday with this stomach flu, worse than I've ever had it, but could feel strength and health returning yesterday. Today, I feel almost normal with just a bit of low energy that I'm trying to build up by eating small but healthy items in small amounts. I had a banana for breakfast (my usual fare) and then a bowl of oatmeal for lunch today. For supper, I'll have soup or yogurt that my dear friend, Carol, is out buying for me right now.

Being in this senior park means that you are better taken care of than if you were back home. Faye is just across the road and calls in several times a day to see how I am or if she can do anything for me. My other friends call or drop in regularly, too, so I couldn't be better looked after. If I was home, I'd probably be alone until Kim or Cindy finished work and could check on me. I'm sure my neighbors would drop by, too, but not with the regularity my buddies do here. This is one of the reasons I don't worry too much about getting sick this far from home.

Anyway, I'm on the mend and will probably be 100% by tomorrow. I still don't want anyone to get too close but I may go for a drive by myself just to get out of the house.

Tonight will be spent watching crap on T.V. and then early to bed.

No comments: