Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm Back...Maybe!

This is the new Blogspot format and it's been wicked trying to figure out how to post on it.  I suppose this is what they call "progress".  Somehow, the people who are in charge of changing things just don't get it that all of us aren't as computer literate as they are.  Me, I'm a struggler at the best of times.


Anyway, my first problem began in Florida while using a dial-up AOL service which wasn't powerful enough to let me upload a new browser (new requisite of Blogspot).  Then I got home to my more powerful service and was able, with difficulty, to upload Google Gold and now here I am hoping this blog will post without further problems.


Now for the update on my car, my trip home, and my new car.


On Monday, I set off from the park with 2 loaded suitcases (just in case the car broke down mid trip and I had to fly the rest of the way).  It made for a neater car and trunk, I must say.  I was really worried about how my car would handle the hills that dot the way from Florida to Ontario and cringed every time I saw one in front of me.  Strangely enough, the car didn't have any problems with the hills because I was very careful not to press the gas pedal too far down.  The weather was excellent, the motel was clean, and I arrived home about 6 P.M. on Tuesday.


Wednesday I began remaking all the doctors' and dentist appointments I'd had to cancel when I'd been unsure of when I could get home.  Then I went out for lunch and did some car shopping.  My intent was to find a 2012 Nissan Altima was was either a rental or demo so that I could save on the price.  My limit was $20,000 including all taxes, etc. and I was able to find a few that were possibilities.  Wednesday evening I received a call from one of the dealerships saying they had one for me to see and that would meet my financial limitations.


Today, my dear brother-in-law, Gary, is going to come with me to test drive it and I may just be buying a new car today.  I'll be posting pictures once I get it.


Well, now is the time to end the blog and see if I can post the darn thing with this new blog format.  Wish me luck!

No comments: