Thursday, April 26, 2012

New Car

Well, I'm the proud owner of an almost gorgeous 2012 Nissan Altima...the only thing keeping it from being totally gorgeous is the color.  I wanted red but ended up with a darkish grey blue called ocean blue.  It looks like a very stormy ocean, though.  There are only 6,000 km on it so it's almost like a new car.


I ended up paying $21,000 for it after it was pointed out that I only had one air bag in the Honda which made it unsellable by the dealership.  They're not going to resell it anyway but I didn't want to have to deal with putting another air bag in and then starting the buying/selling process all over again.  I'm happy as pig in poo with my purchase and that's all that matters.


Gary went with me and test drove it.  He was very impressed with how smooth it was and how much power it has.  Believe it or not, there is no key to open or start it.  There is a little device that unlocks the doors but you just press a button on the dash to start it.  It will only start if the device is inside the car.  How convenient!!  There is also a button on the device which honks the car horn if you can't find the car.  I can't keep calling this thing a "devise" so it will be referred to as a key from now on.  LOL!


Pictures to follow!


I pick it up tomorrow at 4 P.M. and will take pictures to post as soon as weather permits.  I love it!

No comments: