Monday, September 10, 2012

family

it was a quiet sunday morning when matt phoned to ask if i'd like him and sandra to come up for a visit and bring me dinner. hell, yes, i said.  not only do i very much appreciate someone feeding me but i love seeing my boy and his sweet girlfriend.

they arrived about 4 p.m. and surprised me by saying that nick, natash (she didn't come, though), nolan, nash, and kim were also coming over.  i couldn't have been happier.

we ate in the livingroom so there was the occasional spillage from the little boys which was immediately cleaned up.  then the boys decided to put my new coffee table together which resulted in scattered styrofoam which was immediately cleaned up.  unfortunately there was a huge chip out of the marble top so it has to be replaced.

when the whirlwind of loving family departed, my house was semi normal, just needing a thorough vacuuming.  compare that to the masses of love and caring i'd just received and i'd say i got a spectacular trade-off.

life is good.

No comments: