Thursday, September 13, 2012

first drive

i drove for the first time today since breaking my wrist.  i'd planned to do it on monday but lost my nerve, not feeling secure that i could handle the car safely with one hand.

i dressed in an actual loose, peasant dress, one i'd bought in florida but hadn't worn yet.  it looks much better than the caftans i've been wearing but i still felt a little naked going out with no underwear so i added a nice long crocheted sweater and felt a bit more decent.  it was hot out, though, but the sweater protected my modesty and that's that.

banking, cable bill, and a few groceries later brought me right back home.  none of my destinations required severe turns or long distance so the trip was uneventful.  getting up my nerve to drive made me feel more in charge of myself but i do know my limits.  i have a check-up next thursday but it's down the mountain and i've asked frank to drive me.  i don't know how i would have managed without the generous help of my family.  kim has even offered to drive me to five guys and she's made a vow never to go there...too tempting.  i might suggest a lower caloric restaurant to help her keep her vow.

back to my easy to get into and out of flowing robes.  one of my loving relatives said that if i was out in public i should keep a good grip on them if a strong wind came up.  good grief, i'd die on the spot if that happened. 

No comments: