Wednesday, January 16, 2013

So Confused

It seems I'm living in a world where very little makes sense anymore.  I just read that we're getting plastic bills in Canada and they'll share space in my purse with the loonies and twonies I hate.  What the heck is wrong with paper bills that we've used for hundreds of years?  Why does everything have to change and usually in ways I find are not for the better?  I don't like change.

My internet server has been acting up the last few days so I phoned for tech support today.  I sort of get a kick out of this because I know I'm going to make someone pull their hair out with my stupid questions...and answers.  The first person I spoke to was a lady who was really nice, then she passed me on to a man who was very impatient with me (he had a foreign accent but wasn't the asian man I drove crazy the last time I called).  This guy wasn't rude but close to it.  He then passed me on to another man who talked to me very patiently and very, very slowly but he fixed my problem so I'm happy.

I don't understand my car, either, so I make sure I have an honest mechanic on hand.  I almost got taken by an unscrupulous furnace man in the fall but was lucky enough to find an honest one.  When you know as little as I do about so many things, you need to have honest people to turn to.  And so I keep business cards of the ones I know won't take advantage of me and gladly pass them on to anyone in need.

As I make my way through my 72nd year, it becomes more apparent every day that I'm often just winging it, hoping to make it through another day without slamming into a problem I can't solve.  And this is one of the biggest reasons I don't like change.  I have enough to do just dealing with the status quo.

Well, it's late and I'm tired from another busy, fun day at my park.  Let's hope there are no hurdles for me tomorrow.



No comments: