Sunday, February 10, 2013

Flea Market Karaoke

This was one of my quiet, easy days with no-where special to go and one I often spend on my own.  The weather was lovely, perfect Florida weather with lots of sunshine and warmth so I watered my plants and then read on the patio for a while.  Then I decided to go out for a few groceries but extended the drive to include getting gas and visiting one the flea markets I like.  It's been shrinking in vendors for a couple of years so I wasn't even sure it was still open but it was.

I wandered through the two isles still partly used by vendors but found nothing I wanted to buy.  Then I heard some good singing from the food court where they have karaoke and decided to have my lunch there and listen to the music.  The lunch was so-so but one of the singers, a young woman, made my day.  The music of a song I'd never heard came on and she began to sing.  Beautiful and soulful, all sung in Spanish.  It was so darned lovely, this magnificent voice in the dingy flea market, that I almost cried.  I do this when I'm overwhelmed with feeling whether it's good or bad feeling and this was definitely good.

I wanted to go up to the girl and tell her how beautiful her voice was but she'd disappeared by the time I'd finished my lunch.  I'll probably go back there at least once before going home and I'll be hoping to hear that voice again and I hope to hear her song sung in Spanish, too.

I bought some more annuals at Walmart and took them home to plant.  There is still 2 months of my Florida winter left and seeing these blooming around the trailer will make me happy.

No comments: