Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Love and Pain

I watched a program on T.V. today about a young girl lost in the depths of unrequited love.  I remember feeling that kind of pain and thinking it would actually kill me because no-one could suffer such anguish and live through it, could they?  The agony was with me every waking moment and took the color out of everything around me.  That I survived from moment to moment amazed me because I honestly didn't believe I could stand one more moment feeling that way.  But I did.  And, with each passing day, the pain lessened and the world around me took on color and promise again.  My life went on and today I am a happy, satisfied, and contented old lady who remembers when...and who knows the bad times can be overcome and discarded given time.

No comments: