Thursday, May 16, 2013

Babysitting Nolan

I adore him.  He's such a good boy and funny as can be but he's at the age where almost every sentence is a question.  "Why is that pot there?", "Why is there a thing on this train and not on that one?", "Why...why...why...why????????  I do love him, though.

It was gorgeous out today so we spent all morning out in the yard...him playing and me working.  I gave him a pail of soapy water and sponges to wash his outdoor toys while I used the leaf blower and then hosed off the furniture, deck, and patio.  It all needs to be powerwashed, though, to make it look right and that will be done this weekend by Nick and Matt.  Then I can do the most enjoyable work of planting flowers in the planters.

Nolan and I both had a nap after lunch and he's playing nicely with his indoor toys now.  Still asking questions I'm trying to ignore without much luck.  He's determined to hear answers to his questions.  Kim and I are taking him to a restaurant for dinner tonight so I'm hoping the questions will stop for a while...at least when he's eating.  

No comments: