Sunday, June 30, 2013

I Concede

Cleaning out the part of the rec room I use for my jewelry (stuff I sell) made me worry about where it would all go in the apartment.  This morning I 99% finished cleaning out my sewing room and now I know there is no way in hell all this stuff is going to fit into the spare bedroom of the apartment.  Much will just have to go in the storage locker and that's all there is to it.

I hate it when my plans don't work out.  It doesn't bother me that the spare bedroom will be a little crowded...I can live with that as long as the rest of the apartment is nice and roomy.  Mary, my usual overnight guest, might not like it but she'll be understanding and not complain.  When she visits, we both usually go to bed after enjoying a couple of drinks so I'm sure she won't mind it too much.

I was talking to Cindy last night and telling her how much packing I've gotten done but there's still so much more waiting to be done and the house just looks messier and messier.  You'd think it would look neater as things get packed away but that's not the way it is.

One good thing, I found the poster on the internet that I want so I'll see if the framing store near here can order it and frame it for me.  I must have looked through hundreds of pictures of available posters and, lo and behold, there was the one I'd seen a few months ago and fell in love with.  It's a field of poppies and it will look gorgeous over the sofa.  The apartment walls are beige, of course, and the floors are dark brown parquet.  My sofa is  a very light taupe beige so having a colorful picture above it is necessary.  I want to get an area rug for in front of the sofa, too, and that will have to be beige with some touches of bright color.

It's kind of fun starting fresh like this but I'm getting awfully tired from the work involved with packing and planning.  It will probably be September before I'll be all settled in but that's okay.  I'm already looking forward to the ravine's autumn colors I'll be able to see through the patio door.  

No comments: