Friday, October 25, 2013

Emotional

I'm terribly emotional lately and, for me, that's not a good sign.  I feel deep love for my family streaming out of every pore to the extent that it's starting to feel odd.  Of course, my family is extraordinary and worthy of all this overwhelming love I have for them but it just seems sort of strange to be consumed by it.

I imagine there are people who live their whole lives and never fall in love with anyone and I do feel sorry for them.  Love can hurt at times but, on the whole, it is a lovely satisfying emotion to be caught up in.  When you're in the presence of someone you love, the world is a marvellous place...birds sing and angels play their harps.  Nothing in this world makes me happier than to be in the presence of my babies...daughters, grandsons, granddaughters, greatgrandsons.  They are my purpose for having lived at all.

Well, I guess if you're going to be overcome by an emotion, the preferred one is love.    

No comments: