Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Technologically Challenged

I don't know how I ever managed to learn as much as I have about using a computer.  I think I just stumbled on a lot.  Cell phones are a complete mystery to me but that's partly my own fault because I've deliberately not learned how to use one because I don't want to be tied to one.  Somewhere in the back of my mind, I remember Kim telling me (I didn't want to listen) that I could use a cell phone to take photos and transfer them to the computer without having a cell phone service so I called her last night and asked her to teach me...and it has to be before I leave for Florida.

My lack of technical knowledge is starting to embarrass me.  It's sort of like being a dinasaur in the age of  rocket ships, too far apart to ever catch up.  Technology has soared since I was a child and I have to admit it will soar even further in the future.  I can't ever be technologically savvy because I missed the boat a long time ago but I can take advantage of a bit of it.  Just teach me slowly and let me take notes.  I'm a little concerned about how much patience my daughter will have while teaching me, though, and wonder if I'd be better off having a grandchild do it.  My grandchildren are gentler with me.  LOL!

On a more positive side, I woke up this morning feeling fabulous.  The sun was shining, my apartment was neat and clean, and most of my preparations for leaving for Florida are complete.  This might not sound like much to be euphoric about but I won't ever forget what my life was like when I had depression.  I've been recovered for a lot of years now so don't worry about it coming back but I do have a huge capacity for being grateful it's gone.  Simple pleasures...life is so darned good! 




No comments: