Friday, November 28, 2014

Make-up Mirror

I buy so many little doodads at yard sales for very low prices (usually 25 cents-$1) that I'm thoroughly shocked when I have to pay full price for something.  The make-up mirror I bought years ago at a yard sale for $1 finally bit the dust and I really need one, mainly for plucking hairs, so I went shopping.  I needed a lighted one and couldn't find one at Walmart so I tried Sears.  The only one they had was a single round mirror on a pedestal for $100 and that's not in my price range so I headed up the hill to try a few stores there.  As I headed toward Target I remembered I needed an oil change so I pulled into a Nissan dealership to see if they could do it right away for me.  Not only could they do it immediately, they had a special price of $29.99 so I really lucked out.  They also sold me an air filter for $38 so they lucked out, too.

Finally deciding I'd shopped enough for the day, I drove along to "Five Guys" for my hit of fries and, lo and behold, there was a "Bed, Bath, and Beyond" in that plaza so I ate my fries and drove across to it hoping to find my mirror.  I did.  It was $50 but I'd already realized it wasn't going to come cheap so I was ready for that price.

I don't like paying full price for anything but when you need something immediately you can't be too fussy.  I rarely "need" anything so it doesn't hurt to splurge every once in a while.  The new mirror is a trifold, exactly what I wanted, and it works wonderfully so I'm happy.

Today I got my hair cut but the new hairdresser I'd just acquired and liked has quit so I had to take a chance on an unknown lady to trust with my hair.  That's always a scary proposition for any woman but she did a good job and I'll go to her again.  As long as a hairdresser understands what I want and doesn't scalp me I am satisfied.  We ladies don't ask for a lot, just what we want, right?

No comments: