Saturday, December 27, 2014

I'm Back

I felt really good yesterday...still have ear blockage...and caught Sylvia as she was walking by to invite her in for tea.  I've been especially worried about exposing her to any of my cold germs because of her tender ribs from her car accident.  Coughing for her would be disastrous.

I hadn't planned on going to the clubhouse until next week but felt as though the cold was really gone so I went over for Bingo last night and won $5.  Of course, it cost me $8 but it was worth it to get out in the world again.  We have such a nice group of people here at the park and I love being among them.

Today is Saturday, one of my usual home days, but I may go over tonight to play cards...kind of catching up on the fun I've been missing.  Most of next week is already planned with lots of time with friends.  This is the last winter with Sylvia and I'm going to miss her something awful but the long distance travelling has become especially difficult for her since her accident.  My own time here is quickly growing to a close, too, but I should manage coming again next winter.  From then on, it will have to be re-evaluated every year as to whether or not it's worth the expense.

We have a meeting in the clubhouse next Saturday for residents to question the park managers as to why our lot rent went up so much and as to what the future holds for us.  Almost all of us are on fixed incomes and it's especially hard for us Canadians because of the falling Canadian dollar.  If this park is moving in the direction of a more expensive, exclusive park, then my time here is definitely coming to a close sooner than later.

Anyway, all good things come to an end one day and I've been so lucky to have had some darned good ones since buying our trailer in 2000.  Always be thankful for the good!!   

No comments: