Thursday, May 07, 2015

Hanging On

There is so much sickness and strife in our family right now that it hardly seems possible to handle it all.  I got the bad news the other day that they didn't eradicate all of the skin cancer that was removed last week and it sent me into a downward spiral of "almost" depression because I'm so sick of dealing with it.  That feeling lasted 2 days (which felt like 2 years) until I came to my senses and decided I would deal with it in increments...as it unfolded.  I see the dermatologist next Wednesday to have the stitches removed and she will expertly decide the next step.  I can't worry beyond that.

There is much, much worse going on in the family today that is being endured.  Crap happens to all families in one form or another and this seems to be our crapload.  Apparently that's not a real word but I don't care.

We only have today to count our blessings and we'll just have to see what tomorrow brings.  Strong and loving family ties will see us all through whatever life throws at us.

No comments: