Wednesday, May 27, 2015

My Day

I was up early as usual but forgot that this was my weigh in day until after I'd consumed 2 cups of coffee.  No problem, though, because I'm still down 2 lbs. this week.  Yeah!!

I went up to Kim's about 10 A.M. and cleaned her deck and furniture in preparation for Shelley and John's arrival on Friday.  David built the deck which covers most of her townhouse yard and it's really nice...even has a couple of benches built in.

I left at noon and went to Dairy Queen to order her "Turtles" birthday cake.  I haven't been to Dairy Queen in years.  They were really popular before McDonalds flooded the market and now aren't easy to find.  While I was there I had their $6 lunch which consisted of 3 yummy chicken tenders, excellent fries, drink, AND a caramel sundae.  I think I may have to find a Dairy Queen in Stoney Creek!

Oh yes, as I was eating my lunch I happened to look up just as another customer emptied all the napkins out of the rack on his table.  I'm assuming he planned to take them home.  He saw me looking at him and moments later put them all back.  Societal guilt.  When my grandmother went to a restaurant she used to take all the napkins and cutlery home.  I often wondered why most of our cutlery didn't match until one day when I was with her she handed me her bag to hold and I saw what was in it.  Shocking...but we were really poor and the guy I saw today most definitely wasn't.

I also renewed my driver's licence online this morning but ran into trouble when the receipt wouldn't print.  Then the actual internet page disappeared!  I had to phone them to make sure my order and payment had gone through.  What a waste of time.

Now I'm home and don't have the air conditioner on even though it's damned hot out.  I have a lovely cool breeze pouring through the windows and patio door.  Much better than a noisy air conditioner.

Life is comfortable. 

No comments: