Sunday, October 11, 2015

Aeron's Fantastic Trip

My precious granddaughter, Aeron, leaves today for a 6 week trip to Thailand, Viet Nam, and Cambodia.  She'll be travelling with 3 other people but to say I'm nervous about this trip is an understatement.  I'm way too timid to take chances like this...travelling in foreign countries...but, on one hand, I'm pleased she'll have a terrific experience and, on the other hand, I'd prefer she'd stay safely at home.  So torn!!

Aeron is a smart cookie.  She won't take dangerous chances or foolishly get herself into dangerous situations so I shouldn't worry too much.  But she's a beautiful young woman and will definitely draw the attention of those foreign men and that's what worries me most.  She's travelling with another woman and 2 male friends so I hope they're strong, muscular men!

It's interesting to watch my progeny moving through life and doing so many things that I never had the opportunity or courage to do myself.  I honestly do want more for them than I had.

Cindy had an early Thanksgiving dinner for the family yesterday and it was a full house with both her and Don's families.  I met Aeron's boyfriend for the first time and he seems like a real sweetheart, so supporting of Aeron and this trip.  This generation seems to have gotten it straightened out, unselfishly supporting the dreams and interests of each other.  At least, that's what I'm seeing in my own family.

My sweet Aeron, I anxiously await your return home with stories of your fabulous adventure.  I won't see you now until the spring because I leave for Florida before you get back but you can bet I'll be following you on Facebook and by e-mail.  I love you to the moon!   

No comments: