Monday, October 26, 2015

When A Grown Child Is Sick

It doesn't matter if your child is 5 or 50, you're going to worry yourself to death when they get sick.  You'll fret until they're well again and that's all there is to it.  It's the way mothers were created and, as far as I know, it's genetic.

Now, when an adult child is sick and their mother calls to see how they are, they should always take the call because all hell breaks loose in their mother's mind if her call goes unanswered.

Even the sound of a sick child is better than being told by a mechanical voice to leave a message.  You know that message is going to sound like a crazy woman in a panic so it's better to answer right away.

My children can never get seriously ill because it would kill me.  Either I'd die from worry or they'd kill me for hounding them.  Either way, they have to stay healthy as much for my sake as their own.


No comments: