Friday, March 18, 2016

Friday Morning Coffee

Many years ago I got the idea to start a coffee morning get-together for the ladies in the park.  It's been a source of fun and getting to know each other ever since and I'm always amazed how much the ladies enjoy it.  I'm not a very outgoing person so I don't know why I chose to do this but I'm glad I did.  

A few years ago we hit the 22 attendees point but so many have left the park now that the average might be just below or just above the dozen mark.  I'm not sure if my circle of friends is diminishing or that the new people in the park just aren't interested.  Of course, many of the new people are younger but that's never seemed to be a deterrent before.

The final Friday coffee morning this year will be on April 1st.  It's a holiday but I just didn't want to end our get-togethers too early in March.  Husbands will be allowed to join us on our last coffee morning of the season...some are brave enough to come, too!

My Florida winter season is rapidly coming to an end and in three weeks I'll be back home.  It will be nice getting back into the flow of the lives of my family there.

But today is coffee time and I know it will be full of laughs.  I am very grateful for the company of such wonderful ladies and the fact that they like me enough to join me every Friday morning we're in Florida.

Update:  As our morning was coming to a close, Dee presented me with a gift from my ladies...a deluxe pedicure at the salon they know I get mine done.  I was very overcome with emotion knowing these ladies care about me so I couldn't read the card and put it aside to read later.  Everyone left a little message on it and I'll save and treasure it forever.  The pedicure I'll enjoy this coming Thursday!  

No comments: