Sunday, May 01, 2016

Just Wondering

Yesterday I was at Burger King and heard two 30ish men having a conversation liberally filled with the "F" word.  Since there were a couple of youngish ladies with children sitting close to me, I began to wonder if I should approach the men and remind them there were children who could hear them.  I know, I've become an interfering old bat.

Anyway, I hesitated because I realized I've become an interfering old bat and was shocked to hear the youngish ladies with the children also filling their conversation with the "F" word.  I almost laughed.

Maybe it's a new world and maybe people just don't take offense to the "F" word any more.  I never concern myself with the adults but personally hate to have the little children hear it but I'm beginning to realize that most parents just don't care any more.  I find this sad.

As I listened to the men talking, it became very apparent that their language skills were such that they almost needed the "F" word in their sentences.  Otherwise their sentences would have consisted of just a very few words.  Now I understand.  The "F" word is for people with poor grammar and who only have a tiny list of words in their vocabulary.  The "F" word no longer has anything to do with sex...it's just a filler word when you don't know another one to use.

Still very sad.

No comments: