Monday, June 20, 2016

Some Of The Perks Of Old Age

Well, first of all you made it to old age!  I know I've said this before but my husband used to say, "if I'd known I'd live this long I'd have taken better care of myself".  There is immense truth in that statement because the damage you did to your body during your youth comes back to bite you in the bum when you get old.

I attribute my few aches and pains to the fact that I was lucky not to hurt myself too drastically when I was young and, also, that I became a sissy in middle age.  The worst thing I did to my body was to eat the wrong things and too many of them.

Anyway, now the biggest perk!  No-one expects a senior to put up with crap.  They think we've simply become impatient but that's not the whole truth.  If we're smart we've gradually eliminated anything and anyone that doesn't make us happy or content.  We want peace in our old age and we're determined to get it!

I, for one, have survived a lot of crap in my life so I recognize it when I see it and then I walk away from it.  I don't have a job to go to where there might be other employees, bosses, or customers that I have to put up with.  I don't have a husband to answer to.  I have surrounded myself and my life with good family and friends to the point where I don't need to put up with nasty ones.  

And lately I've been starting each day by going through Facebook and looking at the amazing wonders of nature...flowers, animals, scenery, etc.  Believe me, if you start your day like this you are guaranteed a good day.

I do hate my wrinkles but not my grey hair.  Life is not perfect for anyone but we have to make the best of whatever situation we're in if we can't change it.  Now, if you're lucky enough to reach your golden years, enjoy the fruits of your youthful labor with as much enthusiasm as you can muster.  

No comments: