Saturday, August 20, 2016

Kathy B.

Kathy B. is a friend of mine from 3W, someone I like very much and know darned well probably would never have met if we both hadn't found our way to 3W.  Kathy lives in Indiana and decided to trek across Canada to visit with her Canadian friends.  I'm very proud of her for taking this step because she's never done anything like it in her life.

She arrived at my place, thanks to her GPS, on Thursday and we just settled in and gabbed until suppertime when Kim, Nick, and Bev arrived for a pizza meal.  We yakked away the evening and I kind of worried we were boring Kathy because her previous hosts had truly wined and dined her.

After my family left, Kathy and I yakked until 2 A.M. before heading to bed.  It's been terribly hot and I don't have central air but do have a window air conditioner in the kitchen area.  Fans blow the cooler air down the hall and I really hoped she'd be cool enough in the spare bedroom.  She said she was but she's a very polite and kind lady who would never have complained anyway.

On Friday (we both slept in) I drove through our downtown just to give her an idea of Hamilton and then we drove down to the Williams Cafe on the harbor to meet Janet and Randy for lunch.  I never knew it was there because I don't frequent the harborfront...but I darned well am going to start.  The city had done wonders with our bayfront over the years and it's really lovely.

We ate our lunch outside on the shaded patio, enjoying the fresh bay breeze.  The food was very good and our conversation was great.  Janet and Randy are closer to my daughters' ages than mine but that doesn't stop us from being good friends.

After lunch, Kathy and I boarded an open air tram that took us for a 1 hour ride along the bayfront.  For me it was a revelation because I haven't seen it for a few years and was amazed at how much it has improved from a tourist point of view.  When we got back to our starting point we bought icecream in cups but I managed to slop it down my top anyways.

Kathy had a short nap when we got back to my apartment and I had what seems like only a few second nap before Cindy called to say she'd be at my place right after work.  We did more yakking when she got here and actually didn't leave for supper until after 6 P.M.  Supper was at one of my favorite places (until Williams Cafe) 50's Diner, and had a very nice meal and good conversation.

I should mention that I have a touch of laryngitis which might have come from all this yakking we've been doing!

Kathy and I watched some T.V. (Olympics and, of course, Cops) until 10 P.M. and then went to bed.  Both of us were very tired and had to fight to stay awake until 10 P.M.

We both awoke well rested this morning and managed another bout of good conversation before Kathy had to leave.  She's staying a few days with Dee and had plans for a few more stops but she just got news that her son had a car accident (he's okay) and her sister is in the hospital (could be serious) so she might have to change her travel plans.

I know her stay with me was not near as exciting as it was with our other friends but I hope she enjoyed herself anyway.  She's a good soul and I was very happy to have her here.

We won't see each other until this coming winter at 3W.  I've always said I was blessed to have somehow been directed to our Florida park because I've met so very many exceptionally nice people there.  Maybe it was meant to be!  

No comments: