Monday, September 12, 2016

Accent Wall

The wall to the left will be the accent wall...light turquoise ...and I'm slightly nervous about it.  Don's friend, Brent, is painting it on Thursday and I'm really hoping he's good at it.  We'll see.  I've never had an accent wall before but like the ones I've seen in other people's homes.  Bev suggested the shade of turquoise and I trust her judgement.

I have 2 pictures of manatees on that wall and the background is a blue tone of turquoise so I'm hoping it will blend with the wall color.  If not, they can be moved.  It's kind of scary to step out of my comfort zone with this but my favorite color is turquoise and I've got a few items of that color in the room already.  I'm removing the turqoise table runners, though, and replacing them with white fabric with turquoise yarn.  They look very nice if I say so myself.

Of course, it's only one wall so, if I hate it, I can easily change the color.  Light beige walls with turquoise accent walls seem to be popular right now but that's not why I chose the color.  It really is my favorite!

By the way, I just found out that we're not allowed to have bird feeders on our balconies in this building so I might have to give mine back to Cindy.  Apparently the bird seed attracted rats!!!  I would die on the spot if a rat got into my apartment!  I'm thinking it might be okay to just put suet in the bird feeder holders so I might try that first.  It's been just lovely watching the birds at the feeder and I hate to let it go but I certainly don't want to attract vermin.

No comments: