Sunday, September 25, 2016

Second Hand Smoke

There doesn't seem to be any way for us non-smokers to completely avoid it!  Smoking is banned almost everywhere which means that we can now eat in restaurants in comfort, have a drink at a bar in comfort, do our business in comfort...but we can't stop our neighbors from smoking outside their own homes and having that sickening smoke smell drift into our lungs.

Right now I'm sitting at the computer, about 10' from the open patio door and I'm half choking on the smell of cigarette smoke.  One of my neighbors must be smoking on their balcony where they have every right to do so.  I'm wondering if we can't have a new law prohibiting smoking outdoors anywhere.  How can it be legal for someone to passively pollute the air I'm breathing even if they're doing it from their residence??

I do think it's time to put further restrictions on smokers. 

No comments: