Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Don't Be Afraid To Speak Up

I think I was too timid when I was younger and accepted poor quality or service without complaint.  Not any more!!  My firm belief is that you should complain, quietly and politely, when you don't get what you pay for.

A case in point is when Faye, Donna, and I went to Red Lobster yesterday for lunch and Donna's salmon was undercooked.  She ate around it instead of asking the waitress to replace it.  Now, I understand that it's risky to send a plate back to the kitchen because of a few horror stories we've heard but we don't have to send it back, just ask for it to be deducted from our bill.

When Donna mentioned the raw salmon to us I knew she would never tell the waitress so I did.  A polite complaint was treated the way it should be.  The waitress inspected the salmon and agreed it was raw in the middle and took it to the manager who immediately came to our table and asked Donna if she'd like another meal brought out.  It was too late for that so Donna said no.  He then told her there would be no bill and asked her to choose a dessert on the house, too.  She reluctantly chose one to take home to Frank.  She was feeling terribly guilty but she shouldn't have!  The manager treated the situation exactly as he should have done!

Now Faye also had a fish dish and her fish was also slightly uncooked but she chose to eat it anyway.  Bad choice.  I didn't speak up about Faye's meal because she's a tough cookie who is quite capable of speaking up herself.  My job is to toughen Donna up!

My food was excellent.

No comments: