Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve 2016

2016 is almost over and it's been a wild and woolly year.  I guess we could say that for all of them, though because not one single year is ever a perfectly happy one.  The most important things have remained constant for me...good friends and family that I can count on to love me and look out for me.  That's one of the most wonderful blessings in life and I'm aware of it every day.

I had originally planned on staying home tonight because I'd need a driver and I hate that so much I can't put it into words.  My kids don't seem to understand this because they seem so willing to go out of their way to drive me but I absolutely hate being dependent on anyone for rides.  Anyway, Cindy took charge and insists that Kyle pick me up and take me to her house where all her kids will be so I gave in.  Nice of me, isn't it?  LOL!  Kim tried to step in to pick me up (aren't I lucky?) but everything got rearranged and she'll be driving me home from Cindy's.  It's the switching and interfering with their plans that bugs me so much.  If it wasn't for my night blindness their lives would much easier.

Well, I guess the important thing is that I'll be with much of my everloving family tonight, missing Shelley and hers, but basking in the presence of Kim, Cindy, and theirs.

Life is good!

No comments: