Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Excitement at 76

I felt like I'd won the lottery yesterday when I was granted a prime parking spot in my apartment building's underground garage.  I don't think I've been that excited in a long time.  Funny how simple things can delight us in our old age, isn't it?

I'd only been in the underground parking once and had remembered it as a less than roomy area where I might have trouble parking but it turned out to be excellent.  I also got a prime spot on the end where one side is open...yes, I'm thrilled!

This luxury is costing me $40 per month but it's a price well worth it because I won't have to worry as much about walking on ice.  I think mall parking lots will be kept clear of ice much better than my building's parking lot has been.  I also can park closer to the stores because of my handicap parking licence.  

Another benefit is that I can leave my shopping cart in my parking spot instead of always toting it around in the car, lifting it in and out.  Nice benefit!

It doesn't take much to excite me these days.  I must be getting old. 

No comments: