Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Documentary Chanel

There is so much crap on T.V. but one of the channels I've purchased is the documentary channel and I can usually count on it to entertain me.  Last night I watched a documentary on "Prince" and came away still feeling as though I know nothing much about him.

I wasn't a fan of him or his music but he certainly was a colorful and mysterious creature.  His fame eluded me, though, probably because of my age. The documentary was as interesting as it could be which wasn't much because the man was weird, wonderful, and odd.  What bothered me was how, again, it was prescription drugs which took his life in the end.  Why aren't these doctors to the stars charged with committing a crime?  There was also a documentary about Anna Nicole Smith who, once more, died from overdosing on prescription medication prescribed by her doctor.  Shameful!

It's got to be very difficult for newcomer entertainers to abstain from drug use but it would be the smartest thing they ever did.  The young ones can so easily be caught up in their own stardom and not recognize the leeches who begin to surround them and drag them into the nether world of drugs.  

There was never any danger of me in my youth using either drugs or booze because I've always been fearful of being hurt.  I've said that I would have tried marijuana but only with my husband.  Haven't done that yet and still might but only for medicinal purposes if necessary.

It's really sad to see how many of our entertainers we lose to drugs.  It makes you wonder how many of them have an honest friend or relative who will tell them the truth and direct them to a healthy lifestyle. 

No comments: