Saturday, May 27, 2017

Lunch With Matt

I really do love Matt's girlfriend, Kellie, but I was saying to Kim the other day that it's been a long time since I had alone time with Matt.  Today we went out for lunch and he came alone because Kellie was writing an exam so I got my wish!

I've always liked having alone time with my loved ones and made every effort to do so from their childhood up to now.  It's more difficult now that they're all adults with jobs and significant others and I know I won't get too many chances but today I did.

Matt arrived with Tim Horton's coffee...his signature drink when he comes to my place to visit...and we had a nice long chat before going out for lunch.  I learned the good and the tiny bad that's going on in his life and then we had a friendly argument about Muslims.  He thinks I'm narrow minded because I hate burkas but I think he doesn't understand my thoughts on the subject at all.  I'm much more enlightened than he thinks I am.

We had our lunch at Swiss Chalet and I had their chicken pesto pasta...first time and it was very good.  I brought half home for tonight's dinner.  Matt ate like a horse...he always does and I'm glad I don't have to pay his grocery bill!  I loved having this time with him because I know him so well.  I was a hands on Gramma when he was little and it's paid off in me really knowing my grandchildren.  It's a matter of reaping what you sow.  Grammas have to make the effort to be part of their grandchildren's lives when they're young and that's a benefit to everyone.

Matt came back to my apartment for a while and we continued our chat.  He seems to be in a good place in his life, loving his job and his girlfriend.  I adore him!

No comments: