Monday, May 29, 2017

Tests

Maybe I'm lucky I haven't had too many medical problems and that's why I'm so utterly confused about the difference between an ultrasound, a catscan, and an MRI.  I had a catscan today but apparently was expecting it to be an ultrasound, got worried when they handed me water to drink because I knew my teensy bladder might not get me through it.  It did.  And the catscan only took minutes.

I'm honestly thinking of refusing any more tests like this.  Blood tests are okay and something I think I have to get regularly in order for my family doctor to continue to give me my prescription medicine.  But these huge machines that search inside your body and see your innards are bound to find a few flaws in this 76 year old body.  They'll find them and then the doctors will want to fix them even though I feel just fine.  I'll be subjected to more damn tests and probings until my time is not my own any more.  It's time to say no.

Today's catscan was the hematologist's attempt to see if my CLL has progressed enough to need him to intervene.  I see him next Monday for a follow up and I do hope he tells me to go home, live my life, and carry on with the once a year blood tests to keep track of the CLL.  

I feel just fine for an old gal and that's a good thing!     

No comments: