Sunday, June 18, 2017

Aphids

Wow!  I've never seen an aphid infestation like the one that's attacked one of my planters.  I never noticed a problem until after the balcony railing was painted and I was putting the pots back in place.  One large planter with daisies and pansies was literally covered with aphids and I'm worried they've jumped ship and onto the other planters.

I set the infected planter on a table by itself and sprayed it with Raid but it's still badly infected.  This isn't a job for soap and water because it's just too far gone but I'm thinking it might help if I cut the plant right down and try to wash the aphids off.

My biggest worry, though, is that the aphids jumped to my other plants and they are just too beautiful to cut back.  I'm also wondering if the plant was infected when I bought it but it did bloom beautifully for quite a while.  I watered it well yesterday but it sure looks pitiful now.

Not happy!

No comments: