Monday, June 19, 2017

Hmmm!

Well, the good times don't last long.  I had a bit of a toothache last week that got worse today so I called the dentist.  I already had an appointment for this coming Thursday for some deep, under the gum cleaning...I think it's done with laser...and hoped he could x-ray the offending tooth then.  Darned if he  decided to see me this afternoon just to look at the tooth and x-ray it!  I have a very good dentist!

And, yes, there is a cavity in a tooth I was told many years ago couldn't go through another filling because there wasn't much enamel left.  He's going to try to fill it Thursday morning but I might end up needing a root canal.  He also said I might need to go to an orthodontist about it.  Crap!

Now I have 2 dental appointments on Thursday, one for a filling in the morning and one for the deep cleaning in the afternoon.  I guess I'm lucky to still have my teeth.

The bad tooth wasn't so terribly bad until many years ago I was eating popcorn at the trailer and bit into a hard kernel.  A lot of the tooth broke off and I suffered with it until I got back home.  It happened a short time before I was to leave.

I have rarely had a toothache so I have been very lucky.  I'm missing a couple of back teeth but the rest are all mine and in pretty good condition.  I had a root canal on a back tooth quite a few years ago and know they're expensive so I sure hope my dentist can successfully fill this darned thing. 

I'm not worried...I'm mad.

No comments: