Sunday, October 22, 2017

New Cart

The wheel on my grocery/laundry cart (also known as a bundle buggy) somehow got bent out of shape and I've been worried it would fall off when the cart was full so I went shopping for a new one.  I drove around the city and couldn't find anywhere that sold them except Walmart and their large one is built weird so I didn't want it.

Someone suggested I try Canadian Tire  which kind of surprised me but I was desperate so off I went.  Sure enough they sell them!  They had the small one open for display but not the large one that I was most interested in so I asked a nice young man employee if he'd open the packaging so I could see it better.  He was reluctant (Walmart had refused) but he opened it and it appeared perfect for me.  Not to waste an opportunity, I asked if he'd be kind enough to put the wheels on for me, too.  He hesitated only a second before doing it.

I was very, very pleased with the customer service I received at Canadian Tire but I believe it's always been good there.  As I waited for the cart wheels to be put on, I noticed we were right in front of a display of ironing boards and remembered I had considered buying a new one.  I checked them out and chose one to replace my 50+ year old ironing board that keeps collapsing on me.  Now, I seldom iron and that's why I haven't replaced it earlier but now I'm all set for another 50 years.

No comments: