Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Some Medical Advice

I do hate taking medications but the 2 very life altering problems I've had lately needed looking after.  Without going to a doctor, of course.

I've had reflux for a few years and it's been getting worse, waking me up at least once in the middle of the night.  The other odd problem is the watery eyes that developed on the drive down to Florida.  These are not things that will kill me but things that irritate the life out of me.

And so, I decided to look for something other than the Pepcid I've been using for reflux and found Prevacid which offers a 14 day treatment...1 teensy capsule per day...and I have to say that, after only the first capsule, no reflux at all.

And then to deal with the watery eyes.  I had researched and found that dry sinuses (which I also have but which aren't much of a problem) can cause watery eyes and you can take a saline nasal spray which should help.  It helped a bit.  I decided to go big, though, and buy the expensive one, Flo-Nase, and it's helped a whole lot more.  I used to tear up so badly that the tears ran down my cheeks...very embarassing especially when you're sitting in the game room and losing.  I now only have slightly teary eyes but I've just started the Flo-Nase so I'm hoping for the best to come.

And that's my medical advice for the morning! 

No comments: