Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Conflict

Some of the programs I watch on T.V. have a lot of people yelling at each other and I always wonder how they can live like that.  They must be stressed out all of the time.  I can't stand conflict and, when faced with a fight or flight, I am a world class runner in the opposite direction.  I have to do that mentally but, if at all possible, I get my physical self far away, too.

It's always been that way for me.  Before I had a car I'd walk for hours.  Once I got my car I'd drive for hours and it always, always helped ground me again.  I really can't bear conflict and that's that.

I was feeling pretty low yesterday and had to force myself to go over to the clubhouse to play cards.  How comforting it was to be greeted warmly and to spend almost 3 hours (we all talk a lot) with ladies who never fail to make me laugh.  We don't just have frivolous conversation, either.  We covered assisted dying, marijuana legalization, park entertainment, a few health issues, and Rob's death.  But, most of all were the good vibes between good people and that sure helped me more than laying around the trailer feeling sorry for myself.

We had 8 playing last night and I just realized that half were Canadians.  The Canadian ratio to American in the park hasn't been very high since our dollar hit the skids so that came as a surprise.  These are all such good people and I always wonder how I got so lucky to find them.  Our politics or religion may not coincide but we build our friendship on other things that matter.  Come to think of it, we seldom mention politics or religion so maybe we're wise to do that.

There's a lot going on in the park today but I just finished a huge washing and it wore me out.  My stamina is very low, especially since I was sick so I think I'll just stay home today.  Faye gets here on Sunday and it will be wonderful having her here.  She's more of a sister/friend than just a sister-in-law and we never run out of things to talk and laugh about.

Life goes on.  


No comments: