Saturday, May 26, 2018

Cravings

It might be in the last year that I developed a craving for baked potatoes.  Yes, not just a liking but a craving.  I now rarely eat fries, much preferring the baked potato with butter and salt only.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping mainly because I was out of baking potatoes and got to wondering if alcoholics feel the same way I did.  On the way home, I had pleasant visions of preparing my potato, washing and salting it before putting it in the microwave.  I envisioned how tasty it would be when I cut it up and put butter on it.  I salivated.

Is this how an alcoholic feels as they head home knowing they'll be having a nice cold drink poured lovingly over ice cubes?

I know I'm a saltaholic, always have been, and it's the salty taste of that baked potato that I crave.  I also know that too much salt isn't good for you but then, too much of anything seems to bad for you, too.

I just wonder why I craved fries for most of my life and now easily gave up fries for that scrumptious baked potato?

No comments: