Friday, May 18, 2018

Nervous About Getting a Cold

It never used to bother me much about being around people with a cold because, in my younger days, getting a cold meant about 3 days of discomfort if it happened at all.  Nowadays, I'm really nervous about even getting a chill in case it turns into a cold.  Being around someone with a cold is just not going to happen.

In my golden years, I don't recover so easily and my last bout with a simple cold actually lasted about a month.  That is just too debilitating for an old lady to tolerate.  My poor old body suffered enough to make me quite anemic because, when you have a cold, your appetite disappears.  Old people can't bounce back like younger ones can.

As it stands, I will never again have a cold for more that 7 days without hiking myself to the doctor.  If I'm in Florida, I'll put my life in Shelley's hands.  I know I'm not the young, strong chick I once was. 

No comments: