Tuesday, July 03, 2018

Bedroom T.V.

One of my habits is to go to bed about an hour early and watch T.V. but the cable receiver broke a few days ago and I have to travel up the mountain to the mall to get a new one and haven't done that yet.  I miss my bedroom T.V.

When I moved to the apartment 5 years ago, I bought my own cable receivers instead of renting them.  I'm not sure if that was cost efficient because I've forgotten how much I paid for them.  I would buy another one, though, but have heard Cogeco doesn't sell them any more so I'll just have to rent one.  The one in the livingroom T.V. is still working fine.

Funny how, at my age, I have to consider if it's worth buying something that will last 5+ years because I might not.  I'm also planning to reinvest some money into a 5 year GIC but that's okay because I won't need it until long after that if I'm still around.  I don't like thinking this way because I'm enjoying my life very much and want more.  Don't we all?

Well, I'll drive up the mountain this morning and get the receiver and some groceries, too.  Life is pretty damned good!


No comments: