Monday, July 16, 2018

Horror of Horrors

It was 90+ F outside and, poof, I heard a little crack and then the horrible silence of the air conditioner and the T.V.  I was at the opposite end of the apartment and instantly realized the lights there were still on and knew I'd just blown a fuse.  This has happened one other time in the 5 years I've lived in this apartment and, at that time, I phoned the superintendent with my problem.  He asked if I'd checked the fuse box.  I had no idea where the fuse box was (it was conveniently located on the wall next to the stove) so he kindly walked me through the process of rebooting the fuse and it worked.  This time I knew what to do and it worked.  Thank heavens!!

I've been worrying about a power outage because we've had so much hot weather this summer.  This time it was just a blown fuse, though.  Tragedy averted!

No comments: