Thursday, August 09, 2018

New Hope

Maybe all people who suffer a stroke have many ups and downs but Wayne is surprising the heck out of me.  Some of the family have already gone down to what they (and everyone else) thought was a time to say goodbye to him but the news is that he is actually improving.  He's still in very serious condition but he is somewhat alert and recognizing his surroundings and that, to me, is miraculous.  It means a good portion of his brain is working.  The stroke paralyzed his right side which has caused food to get into his right lung (I hope I got this right) and that caused pneumonia which is being treated.  He does try to speak but his speech is garbled and that is to be expected with a stroke.  It's not necessarily permanent.

I have some hope now, though.  The future will probably be filled with treatment and therapy but at least we do have hope.

No comments: