Monday, September 17, 2018

Indian Clothing

Anyone who has seen a group of Indian ladies in their colorful saris knows how beautiful that looks and I've been wanting something like it for a long time.  I don't want the sari but the pant and long tunic in the gorgeous fabric and patterns they come in.  Today I'm going to some fabric stores to choose material for a casual set and then, some time in the future, for a dressy set.  We have a store on the mountain that specializes in Indian clothing and also sells pant/top/scarf in ready-to-sew sets.  I'm mesmerized by the colors!

The lady who made Kim's outfit for the wedding did a beautiful job (too bad Kim caught the hem in her shoe and it came out) and she already sews these comfy outfits for an Indian man in the city and has offered to make mine.  I've had a couple of sets in the past but chose the wrong fabric so this time I'll be more selective.  I had chosen pure polyester and it was way too hot for me.  I'll choose linen or cotton for the casual set...maybe with a combination of polyester because I hate ironing.  I might go for silk for the dressy set.

This is another quiet morning, sunny and warm.  Our fall weather has been warmer than usual but I know the winter cold is coming soon so I'll enjoy the coatless outdoors for as long as I can.

I'm also getting ready to apply for my out-of-country health insurance so I can leave for Florida after Christmas.  Kellie will be driving Faye and me so I'm very happy that's settled.  I don't have much confidence any more that I can manage long distance driving because I tire too easily.  We'll stay at Shelley's through the new year before going to the trailer, too.

As much as I don't want to spend more than 3 months in Florida any more, I'm going to miss seeing Shelley as often as I have been through the winter.  It's been wonderful having her only an hour's drive away instead of 2 day's drive.  I'm going to put the trailer up for sale this year and maybe arrange to rent one of the new ones in the park for next year.  We'll see how that goes.  At my age it doesn't make sense to make too many plans for the future.

Well, this is a beautiful day and I'm a happy lady.  Life is good!

Update:  I was astounded how little choice of fabrics I had at Fabricland and ended up buying nothing.  Then on to the Indian clothing store where I couldn't force myself to buy something so gaudy and cheaply made.  The pure silk fabric kits cost about $120...much more than I'd remembered and I didn't much like them.  I think I'll try Len's Mill Store for some fabric before I give up.

No comments: