Thursday, March 28, 2019

Taken Care Of

This has been a roller coaster winter.  The sale of the trailer, the not knowing if I'd be able to come back and rent next winter, Cindy's accident, Shelley's new job, etc.  Somehow I never let it get me down because, as long as my family is okay (Cindy got broken bones but she'll recover), I'm okay.

Since Cindy and Don were supposed to be the ones who came down to Florida to drive me home, I wasn't aware of how the new details were being figured out back home.  It turned out that Cindy wasn't really fit to travel at all and they couldn't come down.  No worry, Shelley could drive me home...but she'd already made a trip up north to help care for Cindy and that was a lot to expect from her so my wonderful family got together with another option.

Tyson and Sarah are flying to Florida about mid April so they cancelled their return flight so they can drive my car back home for me and I can fly home.  I am reduced to tears at what a sacrifice that is for them.  I never worried about how i'd get home because I know my family would work it out somehow but this offer from Tyson is above and beyond.  They're trading in a 2 1/2 hour flight home for a 2 day drive home and I am overwhelmed with gratitude.

Shelley got me a very cheap flight that takes me non-stop to Hamilton but it gets in at 1 A.M. in the morning.  My precious Kim is picking me up and my precious Cindy is lending me her car to use until mine arrives.

None of this is a surprise to me but it's a wonderful example of how my family works.  I'm blessed.  We're all blessed to have each other.

Cindy will need some extra care when Don goes back to work so that's where I can step in and help out.  Because of her injuries being both right wrist and right ankle, she really is tremendously handicapped and can't be left alone.  I have lots of plans on how to keep her amused so she doesn't rip someone's head off because she's so frustrated with her limitations.

I love my family!

No comments: