Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Alone Time

I treasure my alone time...of course, to a certain degree, but I do like the peacefulness of being by myself.  Living in a hectic world where you are surrounded by people every single day and are expected to interact with them wears me out.

There's a lot of interaction here in the park but I've made sure to exclude myself from some of it because I have to have my quiet time...just like a baby!

I can't understand how people can endure the stress of working all day and then coming home to a stressful house.  I wouldn't let my children meet Dennis at the door with problems when he got home from work but to let him relax for a while before hitting him with them.

My mornings are very peaceful now that I'm a senior.  I shower, make coffee and start up the computer.  An hour or so of Facebook and then I play an hour or so of computer games...it's peaceful.  By 10 A.M. I'm usually set up with housework or Swedish weaving until I get the urge to venture outside and meet people.  I usually have some kind of projects planned so I'm never bored, just get to them at my leisure.

Spending time alone doesn't have to be a bad thing.  In this fast paced world we live in, it can be a welcome blessing at times.

No comments: