Friday, July 10, 2020

A Change of Attitude

I supported "Black Lives Matter" from the very beginning but I've changed my mind.  What I thought and what I convinced myself to believe turns out to not be the truth about that organization.  I thought they justifiably were demanding equality and justice for people of color but all the riots , looting, vandalism, and hatred they've condoned have changed my mind.  I now believe that the "Black Lives Matter" group either always were or have been taken over by hateful people making wild demands and spewing hatred for whites.  While all the riots have been going on, murders of black on black have been rampant and the "Black Lives Matter" group ignores this or somehow blames it on whites and cops.  I now have to admit that they are a militant group that doesn't want peace but is out to disrupt and destroy our society.

I will always believe that no-one should be judged in any way by the color of their skin and that we definitely have a problem in our society with racial profiling that needs to be changed.  Cops do need to be retrained and the bad ones weeded out.  I believe that teachers should take a major role in teaching their students that racism is wrong and can't be allowed to exist.  I don't believe many parents are doing their jobs in teaching their children so it has to fall on the teachers to do it for them. 

That said, I am returning to stating my strong belief that all lives matter and, if the BLM people are offended by that, well I'm horribly offended by the riots and destruction that have arisen from your influence.  Politicians that have caved into allowing complete lawlessness from the BLM movement should be ashamed of themselves! 

No comments: