Sunday, October 04, 2020

Selling Swedish Weaving

 I sold another Swedish weaving table runner on Marketplace today.  It's nice to make a bit of money but I charge very little...I enjoy making them and I feel honored when someone else likes my handiwork enough to buy it.

It costs me nothing but time any more to make the runners because I have more fabric and yarn in my stash than I'll ever have time to use.  It was supposed to go to Donna and Faye when I die but Donna beat me to it and then left me a lot of her supplies.  I love working on these table runners and watching them come to life but I take longer to finish them now.  There's no sense rushing because there will be no craft shows this year.  That's why I'm selling them on Marketplace, slowly but that's okay.

I've been checking out a lot of things I have accumulated over the years and deciding that, if I probably will never use them again, they have to be sold on Marketplace or donated  somewhere.  Selling on Marketplace this summer and fall has been lots of fun, earning a bit of money for things I certainly don't need and knowing the buyer got a bargain.  I'm very happy with that.

I do keep my mind active with the weaving, keeping in contact with friends on Facebook, and keeping up with our crooked politicians.  I should get back to writing some stories this winter, too.  My postings and my stories mean nothing to anyone but they're just my way of still caring about something besides getting closer to death.  I don't worry about it, I just acknowledge it but I do often wonder why I'm still here.

I ordered a new livingroom area rug today...pale turquoise.  I had wanted a larger one than the 5'x7' I ordered but that's the size I have now and I will be able to lay it out myself without help.  I'm not sure if I want to put the old one (ivory shag) in the bedroom but, if I don't like it there, it can always go in the donation area at the back door of my building.  Shopping online (Wayfair & Amazon) has become the way I like to shop now.

I didn't sleep a wink last night so I'm too tired to go for my Sunday drive.  Grocery shopping can wait until tomorrow.  I'm meeting Kim at Costco tomorrow to pick up my new glasses so I can buy the few groceries I want when I'm there.

Well, maybe I'll try to watch a movie now on Netflix and try not to fall asleep part way through.

No comments: