Friday, October 27, 2006

I'm Gone

Because of the unseasonable weather we've been having, I've spent the last two weeks bundled up in an afghan...but today I leave for Florida! The car is packed and I've only got 2 small totes to carry out to the car this morning. One is the little laptop computer I splurged on last year and couldn't do without.

I've got my trusty CAA strip map which will insure that I don't get lost on the way down (well, almost insure), my travelling cash, and my country CD's. I'll be wailing along with George Jones for most of the approximately 1200 miles to my Florida trailer. Right now I'm killing a bit of time before leaving because I want to cross the border in daylight...my night vision isn't the best and heaven forbid that I should miss my designated highways. But if I do I always stop and ask for directions. It's a woman thing!

Driving long distance is a pleasure for me but it still requires a bit of inner strength to convince myself I can do it. Here's to all the widows out there, who might carry on their lives with a degree of uncertainty, but who do carry on with will and determination.

Gotta Go!!

1 comment:

bluebird of paradise said...

and with such grace.........