Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Update on my Basement


I spent a terrific Thanksgiving weekend at my sister-in-law's cottage where we ate, yakked, walked, lightly boozed, flower arranged, Swedish wove (?), did puzzles, and just enjoyed ourselves. While I was gone, my handyman continued work on my basement. When I returned I found the new rec room ceiling finished complete with pot lights; the new wall between the rec room and sewing room completed with wall sconces; a new boxed valance built over the window; and crown molding installed between the ceiling and walls. This is the room that I'd requested only be painted and have laminate flooring installed.

I'm happy but...there will always be an element of guilt for my good fortune. The guilt won't stop me from being thrilled to death with the transformation, though.

1 comment:

bluebird of paradise said...

post a photo.........
m