Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Adele Passed Away

I wrote a while back about a wonderful 93 year old lady named Adele who was such an inspiration to us all. Unfortunately, she quickly developed pneumonia and passed away yesterday. My last memory of her will always be her smiling face last Thursday at Thanksgiving dinner...so full of happiness to be where she was and surrounded by friends. The very next day she was admitted to the hospital.

Someone told me yesterday that Adele had to have her ladder confiscated last year because she insisted in climbing up it to clean out her eavestrough. Undaunted, she dragged her picnic table over to the house and climbed up on it to do the job. Everything I hear about this lady reminds me of the same strength and perseverance I saw in my mother-in-law. They never let age stop them from doing what they wanted to do. And maybe that's the secret of long life.

Goodbye Adele...we're all going to miss you.

1 comment:

bluebird of paradise said...

i am so sorry for your loss.. i'm sure she was a dear friend.