Monday, November 27, 2006

Got a Cold

It amazes me that a person can feel perfectly healthy one moment and the next have a scratchy throat. Saturday had been it's usual busy day with coffee in the clubhouse in the morning, a bit of shopping in the late morning, sunbathing at the pool in the afternoon, dinner with 15 friends at another friend's trailer, and then home to discover my throat felt funny. This is the first cold I've had in a few years and I'd begun to believe I might be invincible. No such luck! I developed a slight cough and my head started to feel as though it would explode. I immediately started my husband's cure for a cold...gallons of water.

Sunday morning I felt well enough to go out for breakfast with friends but ended up sleeping most of the afternoon and went to bed at 9:30 P.M. This morning I feel human again even though I was up half the night going to the bathroom...result of drinking gallons of water.

We're all in such close proximity to one another here and germs don't have to roam too far before they find a new host. There is a large gathering at the clubhouse almost every day so it's kind of interesting that more of us don't get sick. The other factor is that we're seniors but, apparently, pretty darned healthy seniors.

Anyway, I don't have time to be sick for long because I have too much to do...like play games, swim, shop, etc., etc., etc.

No comments: